[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT install caused error in MS SQLSERVER startup

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Mar 17 05:13:18 GMT 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:59:17 -0700, "Al Williams"
<donotreplydirect at usenewsgroup.com> wrote:

>> Presumably there's a DNS server somewhere, unless you have everything in
>hosts files...
>> I'm not that familiar with proxy server 2.0 but I expect if it's doing DNS
>it'll
>> have a setting for reverse DNS somewhere.
>
>AFAIK WINS is used for all our LAN-based networking lookups (NT 4.0
>network).  We do not run a local DNS - the only DNS that is used is
>configured on the Internet gateway to lookup internet addresses.  I'll have
>to investigate further but I may leave reverse lookups off for now.

Do you have fixed IP addresses on your internal LAN, or do you use a
DHCP server? In case of a DHCP server you should have the DNS set to
that server and it in turn should point at the MS Proxy2 server.
If you use fixed addresses, try entering the IP/Name pairs in the
HOSTS file on the proxy server. Don't know if it will help, but worth
a shot.

>Thanks for the help - it's like I'm talking to one of the authors of the
>program or something ;-)

Yes, Tony is the CVSNT developer...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)