[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT install caused error in MS SQLSERVER startup

Al Williams donotreplydirect at usenewsgroup.com
Wed Mar 17 16:05:04 GMT 2004

> Do you have fixed IP addresses on your internal LAN, or do you use a
> DHCP server? In case of a DHCP server you should have the DNS set to
> that server and it in turn should point at the MS Proxy2 server.
> If you use fixed addresses, try entering the IP/Name pairs in the
> HOSTS file on the proxy server. Don't know if it will help, but worth
> a shot.

We use DHCP - everything (DHCP, WINS, Proxy) runs on the same server.  The
only DNS server we use is our ISP's, which is strictly for the internet.

I'm still not clear if this is a client configuration issue or a server
configuration issue.  Where do I check (ipconfig on the client or server,
dhcp scope settings, tcp/ip settings on the clinet or server, ?)

--
Allan Williams

"Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote in message
news:ocnf5091cpbojso40t7ifim0k8g2gmob8p at 4ax.com...
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:59:17 -0700, "Al Williams"
> <donotreplydirect at usenewsgroup.com> wrote:
>
> >> Presumably there's a DNS server somewhere, unless you have everything
in
> >hosts files...
> >> I'm not that familiar with proxy server 2.0 but I expect if it's doing
DNS