[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT,VSS, SqlServer on same box?

user at domain.invalid user at domain.invalid
Thu Jan 13 15:57:09 GMT 2005

> I'd put the SQL Server box on its own machine as I've found it doesn't
> like competing for resources - it tends to expand until it's filled all
> the available memory.

By default it tries to use as much memory as it can, like all db engines
- but can be configured to be more polite.

One drawback I could find is that VSS uses a "file server" approach,
while CVSNT and SQL Server uses a "application server" approach.
Microsoft servers have an option to be configured for "file server" or
"application server" utilization, different caches are allocated. Go to
My network places -> Properties, right click the network connection,
select Properties, select File and printer sharing for Microsoft, click
property and select the best optimization for your needs.

--
Luigi D. Sandon
cp at sandon.it