[cvsnt] Re: CVS admin help?

Luigi D. Sandon cp at sandon.it
Tue Jun 21 08:44:00 BST 2005

DeFurio, Rachelle wrote:
> access to certain clients.  I am a new administrator to the CVS server,
> first one set up in our company, and I guess my questioning lies in how to
> grand certain usernames access to certain modules within the repository.
> For example we may have 6 different modules and I need to grant Smith access

This is a good starting point: http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl

Note that what is done using the command line cacl utility could be done
manually (longer but possibile).

I suggest you to start with a "simple" security schema and make it more
complex as long as you get more skilled in managing CVS. Starting with a
complex schema right now will mean a lot of headaches and angry users :)

   Luigi D. Sandon