[cvsnt] Re: Protocol :ext: not working

Gill Ernst Ernst.Gill at sat-automation.com
Wed Jun 29 09:17:48 BST 2005

Hi Tony,

Sorry, but I sent the mail to the wrong destination.

Thanks for the explanation.

It's working perfect with CVSNT 2.5.01 1902,

But it is NOT working with 2.5.01 1998 !!!

I have set the following environment:

C:\>set cvs
CVS_RSH="C:/Program Files/CVSNT/extnt.exe"

This is what I get:

C:\>cvs -d :ext:vcl134:/sw-aut ls
[80090308] The parameter is incorrect.
cvs ls: warning: unrecognized response `' from cvs server
cvs [ls aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

When I use the command keyword in the cvsroot I get the following:

C:\>cvs -d ":ext;command='C:/Program Files/CVSNT/extnt.exe %h -l
%u':vcl134:/sw-
aut" ls
cvs ls: warning: unrecognized response `'C:/Program' is not recognized
as an int
' from cvs server command,
' from cvs serverunrecognized response `operable program or batch file.
cvs [ls aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

Due of the space in the path I copy the files to an other directory,
but then I got the following:

C:\>cvs -d ":ext;command='C:/Programs/CVSNT-SAT/bin/extnt.exe %h -l
%u':vcl134:/
sw-aut" ls
[80090308] The parameter is incorrect.
cvs ls: warning: unrecognized response `' from cvs server
cvs [ls aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

Looks like the same as when I use the CVS_RSH environment variable.

But the :sspi: itself is working:

C:\>cvs -d :sspi:vcl134:/sw-aut ls
Listing modules on server

CVSNTADMIN
CVSROOT
Test1
Crc32

If I use the CVS_EXT environment variable the following happens:

C:\>set cvs
CVS_EXT="\"C:/Program Files/CVSNT/extnt.exe\" %h -l %u"
CVS_RSH="C:/Program Files/CVSNT/extnt.exe"

C:\>
C:\>cvs -d :ext:vcl134:/sw-aut ls
cvs ls: warning: unrecognized response `The filename, directory name, or
volume
' from cvs serverncorrect.
cvs [ls aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

What s wrong here?, is the :ext: broken in 1998?

	Ernst