[cvsnt] Re: 2.5.0.1 upgrade cant find File or Directory.

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon May 23 06:32:09 BST 2005

Greg Norris wrote:
> Last week I upgraded to 2.5.0.1 and now can't update or checkout a file.

Which build?  The version is 2.5.01 build 19xx, with a few values for
the xx.

> cvs -z9 update -- "SSSConfirmations.doc" (in directory
> C:\WORK\Documentation\)
> cvs [server aborted]: Repository directory SSS does not exist: No such
> file or directory
>
> I installed using the .msi method. The Server is running on WIN2K using
> sspi.
> The CVSROOT is ":sspi:SERVERNAME:/SSS"

That looks like a permissions problem.

1) Make sure that the user who is running that command has permission to
at least read the repository and at least list all directories above it
to the drive root.

2) If you the server is Win 2003 check that the service login account
has the impersonate user permission.  By default cvsnt uses SYSTEM but
some admins will change that.

If you can do operations normally when accessing while logged in under
an account that is administrator on the server then it is definitely a
permissions problem.

--
Glen Starrett