[cvsnt] Restricted access privileges to users for different folders on CV S Server

Ranade, Kirti Kirti_Ranade at syntelinc.com
Thu May 26 10:06:10 BST 2005

We are using CVSNT 2.0.3.

Usage: cvs chacl -R [-r tag] {user|default}:[{[r][w][c]|[n]}] [directory...]
        -R      Recursively set permissions
        -r      Set permissions on specific branch

I first logged is as a local admin on the cvs server.
Then gave -
	cvs chacl -R user:n directory

The system gives an error
cvs chacl: in directory .:
cvs [chacl aborted]: there is no version here; do 'cvs checkout' first

I also have done a cvs checkout, but still the same error.

Regards,
Kirti.