[cvsnt] cvsnt on vista

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Wed Dec 13 03:14:14 GMT 2006

James Haring wrote:
> Installed is cvsnt 2.5.04 build (zen) built 2471 on Vista RC1 build 5600.
> The command line works, the client works. The services are running, but not
> control panel.

1) Make sure you installed the server component.  Seems obvious, but
some people don't realize they need to install the client first then the
server.

2) If you did that already, or it still doesn't work, then I'd have to
guess that something changed between RC1 and the release that broke the
control panel.  Please advise if that is the case.

As a workaround:

You can edit the registry directly.  The important keys are in:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cvs\PServer

key	type	sample
Compat0_HideStatus	dword	0
Compat0_IgnoreWrappers	dword	0
Compat0_OldCheckout	dword	1
Compat0_OldVersion	dword	0
Repository0	reg_sz	c:/repositories/test
Repository0Default	dword	1
Repository0Description	reg_sz	Some Test Repository
Repository0Name	reg_sz	/test

There are others following the same syntax, see the *nix info for the
string names and you'll figure it out.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett