[cvsnt] Possible job position for CM person.

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Sat Dec 23 00:55:55 GMT 2006

Everyone on this news group has been so helpful, that I want to return the
favor by making them aware of an opportunity that might help them.

My company is currently looking to hire someone for CM person for my company
in Boulder Colorado. We need this person to both help identify, define, and
establish both good CM practices as well as implement all the necessary
tools, scripts, and build systems that would be used day to day by the
developers.  If this sounds like something of interest to you, please
contact:

Eileen O'Donoghue
Human Resources
Carrier Access Corporation
303-218-5438
www.carrieraccess.com

Here is posted CM job description:

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Managing, maintaining and support of source control system for platform and
libraries developed across multiple geographical sites

Performs scheduled and critical response software builds during development,
integration test and system test

Maintain software baselines and user accounts in multiple version
environments

Report build status

Update, create, and maintain automated build scripts and processes

Document Configuration Management procedures

Define and communicates branching and merging processes and timelines to the
team.

Performs audits to verify compliance with standards and procedures.

Identify and recommend tools for improvement to process

EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree (Software Engineering, Electrical and Computer
Engineering, or Computer Science) or equivalent
3+ years of Software Configuration Management experience

REQUIRED SKILLS:
Extensive experience with Configuration Management concepts and procedures
including source code management, build and release management,
administration and automation of builds, and generation of audits and
metrics

Hands-on experience in managing multiple projects requiring branching,
labeling and release processes.

Experience in the use of version control systems such as CVS

Familiar with scripting languages such as PERL

Familiar with software build tools such as Make

Proven knowledge of best practices software development lifecycle

Strong attention to detail

Excellent verbal and written communication skills

Experience working in a team environment

Strong hands-on troubleshooting skills.