FW: [cvsnt] Getting CVSNT working on Win2k

Torsten Martinsen torsten at vip.cybercity.dk
Wed Mar 22 20:26:51 GMT 2006

Brereton, Stephen wrote:

>thanks for the assistance so far, unfortunately, I'm no better off now, and
>seem to be stuck in a blind alley!!
>
>I uninstalled and rebooted to remove both CVSNT and tortoiseCVS, so that I
>could start afresh, fully.
>Unfortunately, as soon as I reinstalled and rebooted, all the settings were
>back to where I'd left them.

I'm not sure what 'settings' you are referring to, but:

- TortoiseCVS preferences are stored in the registry and are by design
*not* removed when uninstalling.
- In your sandbox (I think you call this the 'source folder'), the
(hidden) CVS folders store information about the location of the
repository of the server. These are of course not removed when
uninstalling CVSNT.

The easiest solution is to simply do a new checkout.

-Torsten