[cvsnt] Re: check CVS repository integrity

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Sat May 20 16:48:09 BST 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Sometime quite soon we'll probably have pgp and/or x509 signing of
> revisions... that is needed and is a slightly different problem (since
> you rarely if ever actually verify them - you just write them into the
> file and only verify during a special run of cvs log or similar.

If I'm not mistaken, that was the OP's point: having a "check repository
for consistency" command that can be run whenever deemed necessary and that
returns the files that are inconsistent, not verifying the checksums at
every read or write. Whether the whole file is checksummed or individual
sections of it is also not relevant in this context.

Gerhard