[cvsnt] Question Regarding CVS folder and Import command

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Nov 16 22:53:57 GMT 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:52:40 -0300, Gabriel Genellina
<gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

>I think you can create a TOP LEVEL module only using Import;
>subdirectories can be created with Add.
>That would be OK if you never check out a whole repository - and I
>never do that, wold be nonsensical for our repositories. Most users
>are interested on a few modules only, never on the whole repository.

If you do this:
cvs -d <cvsroot> co -l .

then you will create a checked out sandbox of the top level of your
repository but without the actual modules therein. After this is done
you can create a directory inside this sandbox and then cvs add it,
thus creating the top level module you are discussing.

So it is not needed to use import to create top level modules!

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)