[cvsnt] some questions on getting cvsnt working on a redhat box

Aaron Bliss abliss at brockport.edu
Tue Dec 4 17:55:19 GMT 2007

Hi everyone,
I'm attempting to get cvsnt working on a redhat 5 box authenticating
against an ldap server.  I've been working from this documentation
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationLinux and didn't run into any
errors or issues getting cvsnt to run from within xinetd or getting
cvslockd running (I only installed cvsnt rpm, as I wasn't sure the
purpose of the cvsnt-protocol-gserver or cvsnt-protocol-sserver packages):

[root at cvs1 CVSROOT]# cvs -version
Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382
(client/server)

[root at cvs1 CVSROOT]# telnet localhost 2402
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
CVSLock 2.2 Ready
Here is the PServer config file
[root at cvs1 ~]# cat /etc/cvsnt/PServer | grep -v \#
Repository0=/export/cvs/repo1
Repository0Name=/cvs
Repository0Description=first repository
Repository0Default=1
Repository0Publish=1
Repository0Online=1
LockServerLocal=0
AnonymousUsername=cvs
AnonymousProtocol=pserver

My ultimate goal is to be able to offer cvs access via ssh
authenticating against the ldap server, but for now I would like to just
use pserver for authentication just so I know that everything is
working.  I'm new to cvs servers, so bear with me here.  Correct me if
I'm wrong, but I'll need to add users to each repository, correct before
users will be able to use the repositories?  If so, how do I go about
doing that?  Thanks for your help.

Aaron