[cvsnt] Toad and CVS

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Fri Jan 19 14:52:57 GMT 2007

Tiago Ferreira wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem when trying to use toad with cvsnt.

toad?

> The cvsnt (2.5.03 Buiild 2382 ) is installed under Windows Server 2003 R2
> Standard Edition SP1.
>
> And when I tried to lock a package (in a remote client machine) using TOAD
> I'm getting the following problem :
>
> 12:34:58 Error: Error in CVS (while attempting to get revision 1.1 of file
> 'PK_CVS_TEST.PKS' from project 'Test'): Unable to get revision from VCS
> repository. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
> another process.
>
> No one is using the file in question, so I believe that it shouldn't give
> this kind of error.
>
> Have anyone experienced this problem ?

Can you access the files using the cvsnt command-line client? If so, then
the problem lies with your toad software rather than cvsnt... otherwise you
need to work out why the command line client is having problems before you
move up the stack into toad.

--
David Somers - typographer/programmer/whatever
Random (and sometimes useful) stuff blogged at http://www.omz13.com