[cvsnt] viewvc repecting cvsnt's ACLs

Andreas Tscharner andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch
Mon Mar 12 12:33:21 GMT 2007

Tony Eva wrote:
> Flávio Etrusco wrote:
>
>> Packages which depend on CVS unfortunately will install GNU CVS,
>> but if you install CVSNT the GNU CVS will be uninstalled and the
>> other packages won't "complain".
>
> This always causes me problems - specifically, using Kubuntu
> (6.10/Edgy) and Kdevelop, which depends on CVS.  If I install CVSNT
> first, then KDevelop, it uninstalls CVSNT and installs CVS instead.
> If I then try to reinstall CVSNT, it uninstalls Kdevelop and CVS.
> (This is using apt-get from the command line, rather than adept.)

That's a problem with one of the dependencies of KDevelop:
libcvsservice, which explicitly depends on GNU CVS. The maintainer of
the Debian package promised me to change that and as for as I can see,
it has changed on Debian unstable, but I don't know how long it takes
until this goes to Ubuntu...

[snip]
> Can anyone tell me what is the right way to get Kdevelop and CVSNT to
> coexist happily?

Not at the moment, see above...

Best regards
	Andreas