[cvsnt] Getting into CVSNT

Doug Abbott doug at intellimetrix.us
Tue Jul 8 03:17:52 BST 2008

I submitted the message below to this list a couple weeks ago and never
got a response.  I got distracted by another issue and am just now
getting back to CVS.

Now I understand that very often the common answer to what is perceived
to be a trivial question is RTFM.  Well, I've been reading the FM and I
haven't found anything in there that addresses the issue of setting up
users.  I even downloaded something called CVSaddUsers.pdf, but it is
primarily oriented toward Windows and doesn't seem to be of much help
for Linux.

Bottom line, I would be very appreciative if somebody could point me to
some relevant documentation that addresses the issue of adding users to
CVSNT.

TIA,

Doug

Hi,

I'm new to CVSNT, and in fact CVS.  I've installed CVSNT on a RHEL 4
platform and am trying to access the repository locally through
Eclipse.  I can't seem to get beyond logging in.  I keep getting
"Authentication error: Incorrect user name or password"  I must be
missing something very fundamental.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Doug

--
"Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good
programmers write code that humans can understand."