[cvsnt] CVSNT crashes with access violation in cvsapi.dll

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Oct 29 20:52:43 GMT 2008

Sascha,

I've used Oracle JDeveloper myself with CVSNT 2.5.03.2382 with no problems, so I agree with the OTN posts: it must be at least partially environmental, though it was JDeveloper 10.1.3.  I also know the JDeveloper programmers and they certainly use CVSNT.

If you enable the "Messages - Log" window - what command is being performed when the crash occurs?  If you run that same command on the command line does it work?

We just released a new RC of 2.5.04 - download that and give it a go, if it too crashes then send support at march-hare.com the crash dump but keep the current subject line (without [cvsnt])
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/Download#testrel

If you have Visual Studio 2003 installed you can get the PDB and the sources from the archive and debug it yourself ;)
http://www.cvsnt.org/archive/?C=M;O=D

What would be really good to have is a client trace and also a communications trace, but I can't remember off the top of my head how to get these from JDeveloper...  To get the client comms trace you could set CVS_CLIENT_LOG=c:\log123 in the environment in the SYSTEM control panel and then start JDEVELOPER and for each command it should write a c:\log123.in and c:\log123.out file (unix line endings).

I assume that the 'server' is a different physical machine to your client?  Also on the OTN thread I saw that you may have multiple client versions installed on your PC - this is not generally a good idea - though as you say you had the probem before you'd done that.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett