[cvsnt] cvsnt-2.5.04.3510-bin.zip and virustotal.com

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Dec 7 18:45:13 GMT 2009

Joel,

> The evscm.org downloads page
> (http://www.evscm.org/modules/Downloads/) offers a link to
> the file cvsnt-2.5.04.3510-bin.zip:
>
> http://www.evscm.org/archive/cvsnt-2.5.04.3510-bin.zip
>
> When I downloaded this file yesterday and then uploaded it to
> virustotal.com to check for viruses, 11 out of 41 scanners
> reported some type of threat.

Which files?  Which threat?

Typically it is 'free' scanners that report 'heuristic' threats - this
is a known bug in those scanners - please report bugs in your scanner
software to your scanner software vendor: they will appreciate your help
in fixing their bugs.

We report this every few weeks to various free virus scan vendors and
every few weeks they fix their software and then a week later it's
broken again.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett