Universal Bridal and Gift Registry
A multi-database, multi-lingual,
web-deliverable gift and bridal registry to propel large retailers
into the 3rd Millennium.
View this document as a PDF .
in 1996, March Hare Pty Ltd are an Australian company dedicated
to assisting large organizations maximise the use of their databases
by providing integrated and sustainable solutions using the rapidly
expanding technology available to them.
March Hare stand at the forefront of the greatest technical challenge
currently facing business - worldwide commerce and the internet
(world wide web).
The Universal Bridal & Gift Registry demonstrates the ease
with which March Hare addresses this technology:
- Any Database Sybase, Oracle, DB2, UDB, Informix, Rdb, C-ISAM,
RMS and more...
- Any Operating System Windows 95/98, NT, MacOS, Alpha NT, VMS,
MVS, OS/400, Unix, Solaris and more...
- Any Delivery Windows Client-Server to a PC Character-type Terminal
Web Browser to a home user or In store information booth E-Commerce
for selling via secure transactions on the internet
- Multi-lingual Pan European (English/French/German etc.) Far
Eastern (Japanese/Korean/Chinese) Middle Eastern (Hebrew and Yiddish/Arabic)
- Multi-currency $,¥,£,€ and more ...
- Multi-date dd/mm/yyyy, mm/DD/yyyy and many more...
- Any Printer HP LaserJet, Postscript, Adobe Acrobat PDF, and
most popular impact and inkjet printers
| The Universal Bridal & Gift Registry is
designed to build and manage Registry operations for Large Retail
Due to their highly specialised nature, Gift and Bridal registries
were once the exclusive domain of custom built software packages
allowing tight integration with other systems within the store(s).
The rapidly changing face of retail means that customers
are demanding fast, easy access to facilities such as registries
and catalogue information with more convenient purchasing
options such as phone ordering and online shopping.
for Large Retailers
to you with Complete Source Code
||The pace of newly evolving technology is causing
some organisations to lag behind in delivering systems to their
clients. However, the March Hare Universal Bridal and Gift Registry
gives you rapid delivery and up to the minute technology.
March Hare have spent considerable time and resources developing
a comprehensive Gift and Bridal solution for the new millennium.
A system that is not only current but well placed to integrate
new technology as it is developed.
When you purchase the Universal Bridal & Gift Registry,
you gain complete access to the source code and a direct line
of support to the team who build and maintain it. Adding functions,
integrating it with other systems or customisation for your
specific requirements is easy and straightforward.
March Hare's professional consultants are available to help facilitate
either extension or integration of our software. We can provide
your organisation with an individual consultants or an entire development
team depending on your requirements.
Integration with your current systems
March Hare have designed the Universal Bridal & Gift Registry,
its software, functions and overall sales package to maximise
its effectiveness for large retailers. It is designed for
maximum integration with your current systems - databases,
operating systems, networks, computer hardware, printers and
displays - while minimising the secrecy and proprietary content
to enable the greatest amount of flexibility to your organisation.
The detailed functionality of the Universal Bridal & Gift Registry
is designed to meet your requirements in all areas including Maintenance,
Reporting, and Delivery.
Included in the package are:
- Customisation Module - all features can be enabled or
disabled depending on requirements
- Online ordering (e-commerce)
- Online Browsing of the Registry
- Online creating and updating of the Registry
- In store Information Booth Browsing of the registry for
clients and their guests.
- Staff Only Creating / Updating / Browsing of the registry
- Configuration Module (for setting up users/printers/stores/partners
- Easy to read printed reports (hard copy or electronically
via Adobe Acrobat PDF file).
Functionality - straight from your wish list
Gift Reports will be available by complete, sold or unsold
listings. Breakdown categories will include:
- Price Range
- Priority, i.e. most wanted gifts
- Related gifts (e.g. TV & Video recorder.
- By buyer (who has bought what)
- Delivery by day/week/month
- Sales by store day/week/month
Specific Business Rules include:
- Unlimited number of parties to a Registry (i.e.: a Bridal Couple,
an Individual or an entire graduating class).
- Unlimited Number of Gifts and Groups of Gifts
- Unlimited Gift Splitting (i.e.: 8 dinner plates can be purchased
by up to 8 guests)
- Gift Wrapping (i.e.: Each of the 8 dinner plates can be wrapped
separately or together or any combination)
- Gift Packaging (for courier / parcel tracking - each package
can contain many wrapped gifts)
- Gift to Inventory matching
- Delivery Status (Holding, In Transit, Delivered, Returned etc.)
- Registry Status (Open, Closed, Delivered, Archived)
|Some of the more specific
technical functions include:
- Customisable key numbering
- Customisable labels on screen (in any supported language)
- Customisable Textual Addins (e.g.: on Gift List print "$10
Additional Fee per Gift");
March Hare have years of experience as systems integrators,
and have written the Universal Bridal & Gift Registry
to fit in with an enterprise model of computing.
The Universal Bridal & Gift Registry is capable of
integrating smoothly and simply with your current environment
to ensure ease of use and a minimum workload for staff.
The Universal Bridal & Gift Registry can either:
- integrate with your current inventory system with regular
downloads ensuring current and accurate information for
staff and clients. Downloads can be specified to cover entire
inventories or a specified selection of line items. or
- stand alone.
| || || |
| The Universal Bridal & Gift Registry can interface
with/access information stored in separate databases when a
registry is kept on another computer (e.g.: another retail chain
that shares their registry with you, either locally or overseas).
The Universal Bridal & Gift Registry can be used and
maintained within a single store, a small/medium retail group
or a worldwide chain.
When used online (via the World Wide Web), the Universal Bridal
& Gift Registry expands with almost unlimited possibilities.
For example, you can choose to:
- link to your partner's web sites
(for registries not stored on your system),
- link your vendors
web sites (for product information).
- add colour images of line
items to give clients and buyers a more thorough understanding of
the gift selection.
- enable overseas guests to purchase from home
|By choosing to develop in Java, we are in partnership
with the largest IT vendors in the world, including IBM, Sun and
Oracle. These organisations provide us with tools and resources
which enable March Hare to develop and supply proven, standards
based , vendor independent solutions to businesses today.
The Universal Bridal & Gift Registry will be available for
demonstration in Australia in Q3 2000 and in the UK in Q4 2000.
Parties interested in purchasing the Universal Bridal & Gift Registry
in early 2000 will be in a unique position. Excellent price incentives
are ensured as is the opportunity to effect the features that will
be available in the software from day one.
|The Internet / World Wide Web presents
the technical challenge we once faced with Windows. Taking advantage
of new and advanced technology demonstrated by the Universal
Bridal & Gift Registry, will put your organisation in
the forefront of the retail industry for the new millennium.
Providing a comprehensive and worldwide registry service
to both your clients and their guests/buyers is a major marketing
tool that will not only save you and your customers time and
money but significantly increase your global profile.
Talk to March Hare now about their Systems Integration and
Professional Services using Java development tools that the
Patricia Seybold Group call:
"a powerful, highly productive programming language that is
well suited to enterprise applications systems development."
For more information about the Universal Bridal & Gift Registry
March Hare Pty Ltd
38 Wirringulla Avenue,
ELVINA BAY NSW 2105
PO Box 265 CHURCH POINT
NSW AUSTRALIA 2105
Australia: 1800 09 2886
Int'l: +612 9979 3788
Fax: +612 9997 3861
Universal Bridal and Gift Registry is a
trademark of March Hare Pty Ltd. Screen shots are indicative
of functions only.